Vacancy – Sr. Program Manager
Last Date to apply: 30 September 2022
A. About the Program
Inter-state migrant workers (as defined in the Labour Codes) struggle to avail rights and entitlements as citizens as well as workers. Mostly employed in the informal domain without any social security, they have no one to rely upon in case of adversities. In a context wherein they are not even able to meet basic needs, there is hardly any asset building and therefore progress towards a better future. We are significantly contributing to the nationwide efforts of mainstream migrant workers by directly impacting more than 30,000 workers every year through 08 centres. Our response includes:
- Strengthening identity of inter-state migrant workers through facilitating access to identity documents and social connect with the city.
- Need based access to government schemes through our Workers Facilitation Centres as well as advocacy and ensuring optimum benefits.
- Facilitating better work conditions in the informal sector through negotiations and capacity building.
- Ensuring sustainability through designing, planning, and working in collaboration with the community.
B. About the Role
Sr. Manager of the Progressive Migrant Worker program is expected to play a key role in strategizing as well as end-to-end execution of the strategy and overseeing the design and execution of various projects under the migration support program. With over 3 years of experience of working with informal workers and strong management and writing skills, s/he will be responsible for driving impactful decision-making for the program as well as the organisation.
C. Key responsibilities
- Developing program strategies aligning to relevant national and global policies and standards while relying on deep understanding of informal worker challenges and issue
- Building strategy for organisational strengthening and positing in the ecosystem of inter-state migrant workers rights.
- Foster collaboration among key stakeholders including businesses, industries, experts, funders, relevant NGOS and networks to drive outcomes towards worker well-being
- Creating innovative solutions to build a community of practice for Agrasar as well as the other organisations in the ecosystem
- Developing strategy to grow the initiative
- Independently support the creation of one or more project plans/workstreams and management against those plans from end to end
- Contribute to team- and organization-level management activities such as staffing, reporting, internal taskforces
- Tracking reporting requirements across internal teams for external reporting purposes
- Under minimal supervision performs complex assignments and fulfills broad responsibilities where required outcomes are defined, but methods and procedures may vary based on professional judgment /precedent.
- Translate insights into team level learnings and organizational level practices
- Post-Graduation, preferably in Management or Development Studies
- 3-5 years of experience in Indian and/or international development sector with a focus on research, consulting, writing, knowledge management and multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Sector knowledge of labour issues or social sustainability is a clear advantage.
E. Areas of Expertise
- Sharp written and communication skills, and able to build frameworks to communicate a compelling narrative with some, but minimal guidance
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to define project scopes, plan with some support and guidance, manage the project team and ensure work efficiency and quality while managing budgets, and adhering to deadlines
- Able to interact with and engage funders with trust and confidence and begins to move from only execution to also managing relationships with some support/guidance
- Develop and maintain relationships with various external stakeholders including various government departments at district, state, and the centre levels
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a willingness and ability to build systems and processes, work independently, bring structure, as well as think and act creatively
- Passion for growth and and co-leading a well-established organisation looking for strategic shifts.
F. Reporting: CEO, Agrasar
G. Location: Sikanderpur Ghosi, Gurugram
H. Duration: Full time
I. Salary: Remuneration will be as per the industry standards and based on qualification and experiences.
J. Apply by 30 September 2022: Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a reason for applying for the role.